The international scientific conference "Applications of Mathematics and Statistics in Economics" is organized each year by the Faculty of Informatics and Statistics of the University of Economics in Prague (the Czech Republic), Wrocław University of Economics (Poland) and the Faculty of Economics of Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica (Slovakia).
This year, the conference will take place in Szklarska Poręba from 30 Aug 2017 to 3 Sept 2017. The conference starts with a welcome drink on Wednesday, 30 Aug 2017. The next two days are reserved for the presentation of conference papers. There is a possibility of a trip in the nearby surroundings of Szklarska Poręba with several options to choose. This trip will be organized after the presentation of papers on Saturday, 2 Sept 2017. The conference closes on Sunday morning, 3 Sept 2017.
Papers should be thematically related to applications of mathematics and statistics in economics and should fall in one of the following sections:
- Macroeconomics, Public Economics and Methodological Issues of Economics
- Social Economics, Economic Sustainability and Demographic Economics
- Financial Markets, Risk Measurement and Insurance
- Microeconomic Issues
- Multidimensional Statistics in Economics
Papers presented at the conference will be published in the book of proceedings that will be sent to Thomson Reuters to be considered for inclusion into the Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
Types of participation in the conference
There are three kinds of participation at the conference:
- active participation with a presentation of the paper that will be included in the proceedings,
- active participation with a presentation of the paper that will not be included in the proceedings,
- passive participation without a presentation.
The presentation of the paper is a condition for including the paper in the conference proceedings.
The papers presented at the conference must go through a blind peer review process in order to qualify for inclusion into the conference proceedings. The papers will be reviewed prior to being presented at the conference, but it is expected that the discussion at the conference during their presentation will give rise to new insights and may provide a number of recommendations to improve the quality of the papers. Therefore, the authors before final submitting their papers are given a chance to make small revision in line with the discussion remarks and comments.
- 13 February 2017 – abstract submission and preliminary registration
- 27 February 2017 – notification of abstract acceptation
- 30 April 2017 – paper submission
- 21 June 2017 – notification of paper acceptation
- 03 July 2017 – camera ready paper submission
- 07 July 2017 – final paper acceptation
- 10 July 2017 – deadline for conference fee payment
- Prof. dr hab. Walenty Ostasiewicz (Wrocław University of Economics, Poland, chairman)
- Prof. dr hab. Joanna Dębicka (Wrocław University of Economics, Poland)
- Prof. Ing. Richard Hindls, CSc., dr. h. c. (University of Economics in Prague, the Czech Republic)
- Prof. Ing. Stanislava Hronová, CSc., dr. h. c. (University of Economics in Prague, the Czech Republic)
- Prof. RNDr. Rudolf Zimka, CSc. (Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica, Slovakia)
- Doc. Ing. Emília Zimková, PhD. (Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica, Slovakia)
- Mgr. Ing. Martin Boďa, PhD. (Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica, Slovakia)
- Ing. Kristýna Vltavská, Ph.D. (University of Economics in Prague, the Czech Republic)
- Dr Beata Zmyślona (Wrocław University of Economics, Poland)
- Dr Beata Zmyślona (chairman)
- Dr hab. Edyta Mazurek (accommodation and budget manager)
- Dr Albert Gardoń (secretary, technical proceedings editor)
- Prof. dr hab. Joanna Dębicka (social program organizer)
- Dr Cyprian Kozyra (webmaster)